… the person in front, and the person behind.
For me it’s about -
- pausing to take time to listen to people, really listen
- making space in the day to help someone develop their ideas, their skills, their voice
- standing up for what’s right instead of settling for what’s easiest
- stepping back, letting go and supporting others to stretch their wings
- applauding success and valuing the learning that comes from failure, especially my own
- being aware of my own strengths, and where they end!
- getting stuck in
- simple, honest conversations
- being open-minded, not making assumptions
I get there some days, other days I fail miserably. I’m a work in progress. How about you?
With special thanks to @simbeckhampson for tweeting that quote and getting me thinking.